Friday, May 28, 2010

Number 44 May 28, 2010

Last Sunday I went to a memorial benefit at the Spreckles Center in Rohnert Park for the great luthier Taku Sakashta, who was tragically murdered a couple of months ago.  Many of my luthier friends were there, including Al Milburn and John Mello.  I had approached Taku through mutual friends, Al and Yukimasa Kasuya about ordering a guitar last year, but Taku was very booked up.  The benefit had performances by The Black Market Blues Band, which featured my friend Joe Mloganoski, who co-owns Two-Rock Amplification, and Eric Gales, not to be confused with the late, great Eric GaleTuck and Patti, who live in the area, and who I haven't seen in years, moved my friend Krisztina Lazar to tears.  The headliner was Robben Ford, with special guest Boz Skaggs, both of whom were playing Taku's guitars.  It was a very beautiful and fitting tribute.  Our time on this planet is very short, and I realized some years ago that whether we live to be very old, or die young, it is how we live, and that we live, that is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment